My walk in life with Him - Isaiah 41:10

Nuffnang



Author


Charisse. Volunteerism enthusiast. Photographer. Pianist. Fashion.
Created Part Time Adhoc Job Facebook Page to provide a free and convenient avenue for people seeking jobs.

Story snippets on @charisseyl

Email: charisseyl@gmail.com

facebook-logo-thumbs-up By: TwitterButtons.com
Instagram

Speak



All About Food



Beauty



Bangkok



Fur Kids



Poon Nah City HomeMade Noodle at City Plaza

Sunday, June 17, 2012

So, I've just tried this 文尼城市面粉粿 (Poon Nah City Homemade Noodle) at City Plaza. Being the top 2 voted from the show, Just Noodles, I decided to give it a try! I remember I did ate it before years ago, at then, it was really really good!




So this time round, I ordered the noodles with abalone clams. They used New Moon razor clams for their noodles! Had about 4 inside! Not bad le! Damage $5 (iirc). Somehow I felt that blogger has this huge problem. It tilts my photo another way when I uploaded it the right way. 

Anyway this noodles isn't salty at all, it's just nice, they have a variety of like 6-8 different noodles you can choose from. Inside my bowl (picture below), they have the usuals, vegs (is not xiao bai cai but another kind of veg that I'm not sure what it is), razor clams, egg, minced meat, and mushrooms. Toppings are fried onions and ikan bilis.


This is another bowl without veg and egg. But with fish maw! And the noodles are maggi noodles. IMO, this noodles taste good as well, despite I don't really like maggi noodles.


I heard that they are very proud of their chilli, so this is it! Their chilli. For those who are scared of spicy, don't attempt to try them! It will be really spicy for you! Those chilli lovers, eat more of them! I felt that this chilli is very finely grinded, which is good, but the main thing is, it's just very spicy. Not sour nor any other very prominent taste, just spicy.


Overall I felt that the noodles are worth a try definitely, because there's no MSG inside. I ate and drank the soup and didn't felt like super thirsty kind unlike those ban mian from food republic/kopitiam, super salty, and I can't finished them because it's too, idk, salty and like there's msg inside :/

Overall rating of 4.2/5!

Address is City Plaza, 810 Geylang Rd, #05-02Opening hours 10am-8.30pm

Labels: , , , , ,

Love, Charisse | 5:36 PM | 0 Comments | Direct Post Link




← older entries
newer entries →
Design/Coding: Michelle